Dataxis Africa Ltd is looking for an EVENTS MANAGER for ours events in Africa and Europe.
This Events Manager will be in charge of Identification of targeted guest speakers for ours events in Africa and Europe.
- Interviews of some delegates,
- Invite and ensure the presence of the speakers,
- Prioritize and manage multiple speaker opportunities simultaneously
- Arrange pre-program calls with speaker to review speaking opportunity expectations
- Support the chairperson with background of speakers,
- Speakers' management on site and schedule control
Duties include to issue 2/3 original daily short articles in English on different TV, Media & Technology topics related to each country.
- Researching a subject and story for articles
- Conducting interviews, either in person or remotely
- Writing and editing news stories and features in the publication's house style
- Establish contacts and sources for use in future research
- Keeping up to date with latest trends and developments relating to predefined topics
- Support the launch and cover our conferences in Africa and Europe.
- Have a degree in a related field of study, with ideally 2+ years' experience in an events or journalist environment
- Some knowledge of the Telecom, TV and Media industries but not required
- Effective written and verbal communication in English (Spanish will be a plus).
- High energy, proactive and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- A natural storytelling ability and rapport with a wide variety of people
- Have strong communication, management and relationship building skills
- This position is based in Dataxis' Mauritius office.
- Available to work occasional off hours or late days pending event needs
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage competing priorities